The activity level of a repository represents the frequency of changes to it.
- Daily: There is typically a change every day.
- Weekly: There is typically a change every week.
- Monthly: There are changes in the last six months, but they were not enough to classify it as either weekly or daily.
- Stale: There is no activity in the last six months.
Pull requests, reviews and commits are all considered to be changes.
How It Is Calculated
The activity level is inferred by calculating the median number of changes in the repository per week.
- If the median (i.e. “usual”) number of changes per week is greater or equal to 5 the activity is daily.
- Otherwise if the median is greater than 0, the activity is weekly.
- If there is no activity at all in the last 6 months the activity is stale, otherwise it is classed as monthly.